WELCOME TO THE 2019 AMA REGIONAL WEST HARE SCRAMBLE CHAMPIONSHIP!
We are so excited you have decided to race with us! The KENDA SRT AMA West Hare Scramble Championship offers something for everyone! Our events are endurance based, and terrain varies based on location. But it’s all about your mindset, and if you come prepared and educate yourself on what it’s all about, you’re going to have the ride of your life! If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us: CLICK HERE.
FIRST – You will need an an off-road capable Motorcycle or ATV. Hopefully at this point you already have one.
The Motorcycle or ATV must pass several requirements before it is able to be used as a race bike:
- It MUST have – USFS Approved Spark Arrestor and Green/Red or Out of State Registration (Or License Plate). This will be checked on the Start Line.
- All motorcycles are also subject to 96db Sound Tests. Sound test will be conducted at Tech Inspection, located just near Registration.
- You will have plenty of opportunity to pit for fuel throughout the event, and IMS Products offer great tanks for a variety of makes and models to help reduce the amount of stops needed!
- Extra Protection – Skid Plate, Shark Fin (Brake Rotor Guard), Reinforced Chain Guide, Pipe Guard, Hand Guards and a Tire Mousse.
- An 18″ rear Rim – For taller side wall tires to prevent flats
- A bib/mouse is HIGHLY recommended to avoid flat tired
- The Motor must stay the Same BORE (CC) unless the head is otherwise stamped to be considered legal under AMA Rules.
SECOND – You will need to know what you’re getting into!
- Watch a few video’s in our Media section to see what kind of terrain, riding and distance you are signing up for. Every location is different and offers new and different challenges. No two races are the same!
- Rocks, Valleys, Waterfalls, Whoops, Dust, Mud, Mountains, Canyons… everything off-road has to offer – RAIN OR SHINE
THIRD – You need to choose a class!
- If you’ve never raced before, we encourage you contest in the C class in a local event to get a feel for motorcycle competition (we can help you find a local event with one of our partner organizations near you), and work your way up to A. You must be able to start your bike without assistance, and be conditioned to ride for a minimum of 40-miles.
- If you’ve never raced with the AMA or an event with the AMA West Hare Scramble series before, but you’re an experienced rider, it might be a good idea to enter into the Sportsman class to get your feet wet and determine where you fit among the other classes.
- If you’ve raced before, you will enter in the class that correlates with your appropriate skill level. Read our Rider Classification page to decide what skill level will be best for you.
- There are 39 Classes for all ages, all skills and all size motorcycles.
FOURTH – You will need to become familiar with all the Rules, and complete a Minor Release Form if racer is under 18 years-old:
- 2019 AMA RACING RULE BOOK
- 2019 ADULT Supplements
- 2019 YOUTH Supplements
- Minor Release Form Information
- A ‘hare scramble’ is an off-road competition event in which riders compete over a course that is generally 10-20
miles in length on natural terrain for a pre-determined amount of time. To start the race, riders are given the
signal to start their engine with the wave of a flag. From there riders then do multiple laps over a specified
course until the checkered flag is waived.
- Riders must have a Spark Arrestor and their State Registration.
- Riders must have an AMA Membership. You may sign up for this ONLINE or on-site
- Youth riders MUST have a yearly AMA waiver on file, OR bring a notarized waiver, printed in color.
- We use Moto-Tally transponders, and these are available at event for $10, and are compatible with many organizations, including; District 37, MRAN, SIDRA, USRA and AMRA.
- Request your Rider Number! We have no series membership or membership fees, but you must REQUEST your number unless you are running an approved local number
- If you DO NOT have an assigned local racing number or do not request a number you will be assigned a one-time Temporary number for $10 at Registration. These are good for ONE event only.
- You must have a Pit Mat in your Pits to pour gas over. Cardboard, Carpet, Rubber… anything that absorbs liquid. 3ft x 5ft recommended.
- Pre-Enter. This is not mandatory, but will ensure your Registration experience is a breeze. CLICK HERE TO PRE-ENTER
- Pro class request. If you are racing Pro AA, Pro 250, Pro ATV – email request to email@example.com
For further questions, suggestions or comments please call 760-464-9444
FINALLY – Check out the schedule, download the latest event flier and say hello at the races!
- There are 8-10 Rounds every year that are located from California to Washington state! You can find any NHHA staff member in a red NHHA shirt at the event, and we’re always happy to help.